PR exec tells all about manipulating the media — and spreading lies online
LARRY GETLEN (NewYorkPost.com)
To promote the film “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell,” based on the best-selling book by his good friend Tucker Max, public relations and marketing executive Ryan Holiday purchased a series of billboards. Shortly after they began appearing around Los Angeles, he ventured into a deserted intersection at 2 a.m. dressed in black and defaced one of the ads with obscene, 2-foot-long stickers of his own design that implied that Max deserved to have something horrific happen to his genitals.
Holiday, with his girlfriend driving, circled the block and took photos of the billboard from the passenger seat. He then dashed home and e-mailed the photos, under the fictional name Evan Meyer, to two carefully selected blogs — Curbed Los Angeles and Mediabistro’s Fishbowl LA — with a note that said, “Good to know Los Angeles hates Tucker Max, too.”
14 Conspiracy Theories That The Media Now Admits Are Conspiracy Facts— Michael Snyder (BLN Contributing Writer)
How many times have you heard the mainstream media dismiss certain points of view as “conspiracy theories”? It seems as though one of the easiest ways to brush something off is to label it as something that only “conspiracy theorists” would believe. Well, you know what? A whole lot of the time the “conspiracy theorists” are right and the mainstream media is wrong. In fact, we owe a great debt to “conspiracy theorists” because they will go places and investigate things that the mainstream media would never even touch. The reality is that the mainstream media only tells us what the government and the big corporations want us to hear, and much of the time it is those in the alternative media that are left with the task of trying to figure out what the real truth is. So don’t look down on conspiracy theories or conspiracy theorists. In a world where almost everything we are told is a lie, the truth can be very difficult to find.
The following are 14 conspiracy theories that the media now admits are conspiracy facts….
- Drudge Promotes Story From Conspiracy Website Claiming Obama Plans To Murder Conservative Journalists (thinkprogress.org)
- 8 Ways to tell a Conspiracy Theorist is really a Fraud (illuminutti.com)
- 5 Reasons why People keep Believing in Debunked Conspiracy Theories (illuminutti.com)
- The mainstream media is a concentration camp of the mind. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
From Jamie Trent – FB
You thought FREE PRESS meant freedom of the press? It does, but you misunderstood. Free press means the press is free to manipulate, twist, censor, marginalize and blatantly ignore/blackout any news or public figure they want or the owner of their news company wants. It’s not mainstream media it’s lame stream media.
- Freedom of the Press (livescience.com)
- Obama lauds press freedom (politico.com)
- Report: Only 14.5 Percent of People Have Access to Free Press (voanews.com)
- Freedom House Survey Suggests Fewest People In A Decade Enjoying A Free Press (rferl.org)