From Frank Jacobs —
Russia to US: You’re Breaking Up (Too)
Endtime prophecy is not the province of the religiously excitable alone. Even the die-hard materialists of the Russian intelligence service FSB (formerly the KGB) dabble in apocalyptic musings – although the scope of this particular prediction is not global, but limited to the imminent demise of that old-and-new archenemy, the United States.
Igor Panarin has been predicting the “moral and economic collapse” of the US for about a decade now; he set the Endtime for the American Empire at the year 2010, and the recent arrival of the credit crunch lends some credence to his outlandish forecast – at least as far as the Russian (state) media is concerned. Panarin, formerly a KGB analyst and now an academic, gets about two interview requests a day.
The break-up predicted by Panarin would be the result of mass immigration, economic decline and moral degradation, all of which would trigger a second American civil war, and the collapse of the dollar.
This would then lead to the break-up of the United States into half a dozen regional sub-entities. These would be dominated or absorbed outright by foreign powers.
- Alaska would revert to Russia, and Hawaii would become Chinese or Japanese.
- The West Coast (the three Pacific states, joined with Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Arizona in a Californian Republic), would fall to China or at least be under Chinese influence.
- A Texas Republic, which would also include New Mexico, Oklahoma and all the other traditionally southern states (except the Carolinas, the Virginias, Kentucky and Tennessee), would similarly be either directly or indirectly under the sway of Mexico.
- The aforementioned southern exceptions would join the northeastern states in forming a bloc that might join the European Union.
- The rest – all midwestern and western states – would be at Canada‘s mercy.
- Post-election Russia: Putin’s new ideology (rt.com)
- Clinton urges pressure on Russia, China for defending Assad (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Russian Move Against US Called “First Shot” Of World War III (diplomatieincarje.wordpress.com)
- INTELLIGENCE: The Chinese KGB Gets Clipped (strategypage.com)
- For Putin, a Test of Principle and Practicality on Syria (nytimes.com)